[Geany] Thanks for Geany newsletter - volume 2

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue May 24 04:52:53 UTC 2011

> BUT:
> Inside Lex's version there was the command \setcounter{secnumdepth}{0}
> which is telling to don't put any section numbering in levels below
> level 0 (so complete document). Setting this to 3 is giving a numbered
> result -- which is what we were talking about and quiet confusing me.
> Also they don't use the *-version of sections commands in this case. A
> bug inside rst2latex or just in my brain? Having a look inside man page
> (10.04 Ubuntu) its telling me this:
>
>       --section-numbering
>              Enable section numbering by Docutils.  (default)
>
>       --no-section-numbering
>              Disable section numbering by Docutils.

Well this makes sense if we want Latex to do the section numbering,
well sort of..

> Maybe I just misunderstood this whole stuff?

Hi Frank,

I havn't had time to try anything else, but I did find this page which
I havn't seen before.  It says the to set the secnumdepth using a
Latex stylesheet (see section numbering part).

In general it seems to cover more of using rst with latex.

http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/user/latex.html