[Geany] Change the color of selected text

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Tue May 17 23:41:58 UTC 2011

On 05/17/11 16:35, Lex Trotman wrote:
> On 18 May 2011 05:01, M. Badawy<m.cohomology at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> So, is there a way to change the foreground/background of selected text?
>> Any help is appreciated, thanks.
>
> in filetypes.common (make a copy in your config directory not the
> system copy) there is:
>
> # 3rd selection argument is true to override default foreground
> # 4th selection argument is true to override default background
> selection=0x000000;0xc0c0c0;false;false
>
> Edit 0xc0c0c0 to the colour you want and set the last false to true.

A weird thing with this is, at least when using the colour schemes
support, when you have selected text and then open a modal dialog, the
selection colours revert to some default grey colour which causes the
OP's issues anyway.  I haven't had time to pin down where the problem
comes from, but I think it might be in Scintilla (and/or geany-themes).

Cheers,
Matthew Brush