[Geany] Change the color of selected text

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue May 17 23:35:34 UTC 2011

On 18 May 2011 05:01, M. Badawy <m.cohomology at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi...I am using Geany 0.19.1 in Ubuntu 10.10 64bit as my LateX and Matlab
> files editor. Geany is, by far, my favorite editor, but there is one thing
> that makes my life a bit too hard sometimes.
> The color schemes I use for both file types are custom made ones
> from: http://geanycolourscheme.xtreemhost.com/
> Problem is the selected text has this light grey color that is sometimes
> hard to distinguish (background is grey). When I use the "Find" feature,
> it's also very hard to spot the results.
> So, is there a way to change the foreground/background of selected text?
> Any help is appreciated, thanks.

in filetypes.common (make a copy in your config directory not the
system copy) there is:

# 3rd selection argument is true to override default foreground
# 4th selection argument is true to override default background
selection=0x000000;0xc0c0c0;false;false

Edit 0xc0c0c0 to the colour you want and set the last false to true.