[Geany] scrolling

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu May 12 02:10:18 UTC 2011

On 12 May 2011 11:02, David Barrett <charoncomp at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Love the editor, but am having a problem. I use a laptop for a lot of
> development since I am travelling a lot. But I can't seem to get geany to
> recognize the scrolling of the touchpad. It has no problem if I plug in a
> mouse and use the scroll wheel,

Whilst I appreciate your comment that it works in all other
applications, the fact that this works with a mouse says it is
unlikely to be anything Geany does, mapping touchpad to scroll wheel
happens well below Geany.

 but if I try and use the synaptics "virtual"
> mouse wheel (side of touch pad) it has no effect. It works fine in every
> other application and window, but for some reason does not work it the geany
> application at all. If anyone has any ideas on what may be happening I'd be
> so happy, since I have gotten used to not having to have a mouse around.
> thanks
> David

To help you any further more info is needed, eg OS, Geany version, GTK
version, Glib version (geany --version gives all but os)