[Geany] Request for feedback on my contributions to newsletter issue 1

Russell Dickenson russelldickenson at xxxxx
Sun Mar 20 22:08:05 UTC 2011

On 21 March 2011 08:01, Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A bit late, but..
>
> Le 15/03/2011 03:16, Russell Dickenson a écrit :
>> I contributed the "Plugin Focus" and "Feature Focus" sections of the
>> newsletter and I wonder what others thought of them. Was the language
>> too simple or was it OK?
>
> Totally OK IMHO, thanks for your work! :)

OK - I know that the language is OK.

> The only thing I feel weird about is the last sentences at the end of
> the feature focus, about the comment being the one for the filetype (I'd
> say "of course") and Geany being wonderful (again :D). I personally
> think this sentence is useless (hey, the user probably already uses
> Geany :D) and a bit... "self-congratulating", don't know the word.
> No big deal however :)

OK, I understand the "self-congratulating" comment. I'll check the
rest of what you said against what I wrote. I can't quite remember
exactly.

>> Was what I said accurate?
>
> Seems, yeah :)
> Maybe speaking about shortcuts (default for toggle is Ctrl+E) would have
> been a plus, but maybe it's also a future Feature Focus (to be able to
> assign custom shortcuts to almost everything).

Good point. I agree that I should have included shortcuts. As you also
suggest, a Feature Focus should be the ability to assign custom
shortcuts.

>> Was the screenshot shown in the "Plugin Focus" section OK? This was
>> the first time I have ever annotated a screenshot so I wasn't sure
>> if it looked OK.
>
> I won't tell you it's great art, but it does it job totally well IMHO.
> Maybe less red, but who cares anyway ^^

Not great art!? Of course it was. :P

As you say, perhaps I could have chosen a different colour.

> Cheers,
> Colomban

Thanks for your honest and valuable feedback. In summary it seems that
I've made a good start but have some areas to improve on.

--
Russell Dickenson