[Geany] Geany newsletter - proposal for developer interviews

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Wed Mar 16 23:36:41 UTC 2011

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 06:39:49 +1000
Russell Dickenson <russelldickenson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17 March 2011 05:49, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
> > On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 19:59:44 +0100
> > Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> >
> >> Very good idea!
> >> I'm all for it.
> >> Just as a following suggestion, since the quantity of Geany core
> >> developers is quite small (you only need one hand to count us :D),
> >> we should make clear from the beginning that this includes also the
> >> plugin developers, I'd say.
> >
> > Hey, you can count up to 1024 with both hands.... (well, as I did
> > show this to my family I had the small feeling they want to declare
> > me insane .... )
>
> I can't even *imagine* why they'd think you might be insane. :P
>

> > But I would also say include the plugin devs as well
> > as translators if they like to. There a huge number of people
> > working at free software which all have interesting ideas about
> > Geany and the world :)
>
> Yes, I should make this clear - the interviews would be with "Geany
> developers and contributors". I mentioned this in my proposal, then
> went on to mention only developers. Oops.
>
> The aim of the newsletters is to let those in the Geany community know
> a little about the people who help create and maintain Geany and its
> plugins, also provide support in other ways, such as translation. For
> someone who is currently not contributing, it can be encouraging to
> read others' stories and they may think "Hey, if they can do X maybe I
> can too." Some people may assume that they're "not worthy", perhaps
> because they don't have technical knowledge. Everyone *can* contribute
> and I hope that the interviews would demonstrate that there is not one
> set of criteria that you need to meet to be a contributor.
>
> I don't know if this explanation has made things clearer or not... :)

Yepp, at least I've got you and I like that idea. Somebody like to take
this part over to create maybe three questions and doing the interview,
most likely via email? Russell, as you did suggest this, maybe do you
like to take this over?

Cheers,
Frank
--