[Geany] Wiki?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed Mar 16 19:46:32 UTC 2011

On 03/16/11 12:18, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> Regarding the wiki software, basically I don't mind which wiki.
> Though I have some technical preferences about the software.
>
> I'd prefer to have a PHP based solution as it would nicely integrate
> into the existing Lighttpd+FastCGI setup, from my personal experience
> I'd vote for Dokuwiki or PMWiki.

MediaWiki is probably the most standard Wiki software (ie. Wikipedia and
friends) and it's written in PHP.  It also supports ReST as noted in
this thread.  I've never heard of DocuWiki though, it looks interesting
too.  I haven't looked at PMWiki yet.

> I agree that the main focus in choosing the wiki software should be in
> usability for both, authors and readers.

MediaWiki has that going for it, for sure.  It's probably also top of
the pile in security and stability (assumption based on its widespread
use).  Personally I don't feel too strongly about which software, but I
would think something familiar to people who may edit other Wikis would
be good.

MediaWiki is also in the Debian repositories (at least for Squeeze).
I'm not sure though what distro the server is running or if having a
package even matters.

Thanks,
Matthew Brush