[Geany] Wiki?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Mar 16 19:18:44 UTC 2011

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 17:02:20 +0100, Frank wrote:

>Am 15.03.2011 16:36, schrieb Michael Spahn:
>> I would offer the hosting and maintenance.
>>
>> We could use a sub domain like wiki.geany.org, f.e.
>
>I'd like that idea. What do you thinking of using here? MoinMoin,
>docuwiki, Mediawiki? I'd would also have some place to host the stuff.
>Or maybe put it also on geany.org but only Enrico can tell about this.

As I said in another mail in this thread, I'd suggest to keep the new
wiki near to the rest of the Geany services, i.e. directly on geany.org.

Regarding the wiki software, basically I don't mind which wiki.
Though I have some technical preferences about the software.

I'd prefer to have a PHP based solution as it would nicely integrate
into the existing Lighttpd+FastCGI setup, from my personal experience
I'd vote for Dokuwiki or PMWiki.
Still, this is just a wish of me, not really a requirement.

I agree that the main focus in choosing the wiki software should be in
usability for both, authors and readers.