[Geany] Geany newsletter - proposal for developer interviews

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Mar 16 18:59:44 UTC 2011

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 12:25:59 +1000, Russell wrote:

>I like to know a little about the background of those people who
>contribute to FLOSS projects that I have an interest in and/or use.
>Since we've started the Geany newsletter I would like to see
>interviews with the Geany developers and contributors featured. The
>format I'm suggesting would be a general question-and-answer format.
>The general idea is to have each developer tell their story, hopefully
>demonstrating that people from all sorts of backgrounds and levels of
>experience can and do make a difference.

Very good idea!
I'm all for it.
Just as a following suggestion, since the quantity of Geany core
developers is quite small (you only need one hand to count us :D), we
should make clear from the beginning that this includes also the plugin
developers, I'd say.

Again, thanks to you, Frank and the others for making the newsletter
happen. I think this is a good and new thing, the Geany community
missed so far a lot. Or more general, such "non-technical work" :).
Great!