[Geany] Wiki?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Tue Mar 15 14:44:01 UTC 2011

On 03/15/11 02:21, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> Am 15.03.2011 04:59, schrieb Matthew Brush:
>> Does Geany have a wiki somewhere which users and developers can edit
>> with tutorials, examples, links, screenshots and so on?  I looked around
>> a bit and I couldn't find one.  I notice that the main website is a
>> Wiki, but it doesn't seem to be editable by regular users (for good
>> reason).
>
> No. The normal pages at geany.org are not editable by general ppl at the
> moment. I hardly recommend to keep it like this as these are the
> 'official' pages.

I also hardily recommend that the main site not be user editable.  I was
simply noting that while I'm aware there technically is already a Wiki,
I think it would be nice to have a *separate* user-editable Wiki.

>> I think it would be a good idea.  I'm curious what others think.
>
> A nice idea to have such thing.

Do you think this is something that could/should be hosted on the Geany
website using MediaWiki, MoinMoin or similar software, or do you think
it would be better to use a third party hosting like live.gnome.org or a
similar service?

Cheers,
Matthew Brush