[Geany] relative paths in project files: is there an option?

Joerg Desch jd.vvd at xxxxx
Thu Jun 30 10:54:18 UTC 2011

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 20:36:31 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> > As Stephan mentioned in his mail, this path could be replaced by the
> > path of the project file (he called it virtual root). Why? Just
> > because I have more than one working directory. I have a development
> > release and one or more branches / customer releases checked out. If
> > the project file would use the virtual root, I would have only one
> > project file to load.
> >

> I'm not sure I totally understand you, if the project file is in the
> vcs and the base path is relative to the project file why do you have
> to copy it?

OK. I thought, that the base path must be absolute. But to get the
expected behavior, I must use . as base path, which seams to work here on
linux. The session informations stored in section [files] are still using
an absolute path. Is this the point where a project option you've
mentioned could help?

--
Email: Joerg Desch <jd DOT vvd AT web DOT de>