[Geany] relative paths in project files: is there an option?

Stephan Beal sgbeal at xxxxx
Thu Jun 30 10:25:08 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Joerg Desch <jd.vvd at web.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 19:51:47 +1000
> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Its the sessions that bit Stephan.
>
> I don't think so. But I think he will tell us... ;-)

Lex was right -it was a side-effect of the session handling which bit me.
But that only brought my attention to the fact that geany uses absolute
paths for everything, so the "problem" is bigger than just session handling.

However, even if the session handling is changed to be
per-project-file-instance (per USER would still have hosed me here), i feel
very strongly that having absolute paths in the project file is
fundamentally wrong.

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/