[Geany] relative paths in project files: is there an option?

Joerg Desch jd.vvd at xxxxx
Thu Jun 30 10:17:57 UTC 2011

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 19:51:47 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sigh, another young 'un..

???

> Thats true, but do you want to share which files you last edited? :-)
> It just emphasizes that the session data shouldn't be in the project
> file if its in vcs.

No, I don't. But geany doesn't differentiate between the project data
(which should be in the VCS) and the session part.

> So there should be a per project option to prevent it.

I don't understand the idea behind this option.

> The only other path in the project file is the basepath which is user
> edited and is absolute or relative to the project file.

As Stephan mentioned in his mail, this path could be replaced by the path
of the project file (he called it virtual root). Why? Just because I have
more than one working directory. I have a development release and one or
more branches / customer releases checked out. If the project file would
use the virtual root, I would have only one project file to load.

With the current "~/Project" way, I have to (a) copy the project file and
end with multiple project files, or (b) have to fix the project file.

> Its the sessions that bit Stephan.

I don't think so. But I think he will tell us... ;-)

--
Email: Joerg Desch <jd DOT vvd AT web DOT de>