[Geany] relative paths in project files: is there an option?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Jun 30 00:11:16 UTC 2011

On 30 June 2011 05:11, Stephan Beal <sgbeal at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 6:25 PM, Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Filenames like "../../../../../../usr/share/doc/libpng/examples.c"
>> are something I woudn't like to see.
>
> oooh, no.
>

>> On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 20:17:47 +0200
>> Stephan Beal <sgbeal at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > There shouldn't _be_ any files not under the project dir [...]
>>
>> That doesn't mean you shoudn't be able to open a file outside the
>> project directory, and AFAIK, no IDE with such limitation exists.
>> So the project organization discussion is irrelevant.
>
> But should such files, which are not part of the project, be referenced in
> the _project_ file? i think a case could be made for "eliding" those for
> session purposes.

No, my session is my session.

If I'm storing it in the project then fine but it should store my
whole session, it would be *really* annoying to have something outside
the tree open and then when I restarted it wasn't there :-(