[Geany] question about geany plugins API...

Stephan Beal sgbeal at xxxxx
Wed Jun 29 07:11:38 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 1:47 AM, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> Vala is a language similar to C# that compiles down to pure C/GLib. It's
> quite popular in the GTK+/Glib community and it's substantially easier to
> learn if you don't know C and pretty awesome even if you do know C.  You can
> see an example of a Geany plugin using Vala in my Geany-MultiTerm
> repository[1].  The .vala files are code I wrote, and the .c/.h files are
> the compiled C files that you can compile with gcc or whatever you use.

i'm quite a non-fan of C#, but i write boatloads of C, and a script language
which compiles down to C sounds very interesting. i'll take a look :).

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/