[Geany] question about geany plugins API...

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Tue Jun 28 23:47:33 UTC 2011

On 06/28/11 16:10, Stephan Beal wrote:

> Again, thanks. It sounds like the poster made some good progress (but i
> have no idea what Vala is). But he posted no link and the thread died
> out in February. But the reference to gnome-db is interesting (i wasn't
> aware of it, or i might not have rolled my own ;).

Vala is a language similar to C# that compiles down to pure C/GLib.
It's quite popular in the GTK+/Glib community and it's substantially
easier to learn if you don't know C and pretty awesome even if you do
know C.  You can see an example of a Geany plugin using Vala in my
Geany-MultiTerm repository[1].  The .vala files are code I wrote, and
the .c/.h files are the compiled C files that you can compile with gcc
or whatever you use.

[1] https://github.com/codebrainz/geany-multiterm/tree/master/src

Cheers,
Matthew Brush