[Geany] relative paths in project files: is there an option?

Stephan Beal sgbeal at xxxxx
Tue Jun 28 17:28:12 UTC 2011

Hi, all,

i recently got into the unusual (for me) situation that i have the same
project checked out twice on the same machine - one for our
"production/live" environment and the one where i hack. My geany project
file uses (i found out accidentally after i hosed a production web page)
absolute paths in the project files. This makes the files essentially
worthless in terms of committing them to source control, since they can only
be used on machines with the exact same dir structure (and they can't be
used twice on the same machine).

Is there an option to enable the use of relative paths in the project files?

(To be clear: i'm not blaming geany for hosing the web page. i shouldn't be
developing directly on that system, but am forced to for company-internal
logistical reasons. But i am growling at geany for opening a project file
under ~/myproject and having it edit pages under /var/www/...).

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/