[Geany] relative paths in project files: is there an option?

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Tue Jun 28 17:52:57 UTC 2011

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 19:28:12 +0200
Stephan Beal <sgbeal at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Is there an option to enable the use of relative paths in the project files?

>From the look of get_session_file_string(), no.

I remember such a discussion taking place some time ago. It was not so
straightforward - for example, what about the files not under the
project directory? Store /var/log/foo as [../]{N times}/var/log/foo? Or,
for files in a nearby directory, break them each time you copy the
project and open it from the new location? (Well the last operation is
dangerous currently - you'll be working on the previous files.)

It would have been nice to store anything under the project directory
as relative, and everything outside as absolute, but some of the
developers opposed even to that, can't remember why. There was also
talk about storing each filename as both relative and absolute, and try
to open the relative first. I thought that was implemented, but don't
see it anywhere. So, for now, what you see in the title is what you get.

--
E-gards: Jimmy