[Geany] Theme for the Wiki

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Jun 5 10:05:52 UTC 2011

On 5 June 2011 19:51, Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
> Geany Wiki: http://wiki.geany.org/
>
> Both look almost the same. Wikipedia is running MediaWiki, the Geany
> Wiki is running DokuWiki. They behave different, though. What am I
> missing? Did you guys intend to confuse new users?
>
> Regards,
> Dominic

Hi Dominic,

AFAICT the differences only become apparent when you get to editing
pages.  For visitors reading and seeking information they work pretty
similarly, except for the differences due to size of course :-)

Unlike wikipedia the Geany wiki is a repository that isn't likely to
be much edited by the general public, more likely by the denizens of
the development list.  I think that most of them will be able to
handle the differences.

Are you suggesting that wikis can only run mediawiki if they look like this? :-)

My limited understanding is that because it supports biiiiiiig wikis
mediawiki is somewhat harder to set up and administer, and I wouldn't
have thought the work worthwhile for us.