[Geany] Problem to create a filetypes.abaqus.conf

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Jul 21 01:33:16 UTC 2011

On 21 July 2011 07:01, Steven Marguet <steven.marguet at free.fr> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I want to create a syntaxic coloration file for the input file language of
> the finite element code Abaqus,
> but I have some difficulties to achieve my goal.
>
> The keywords of Abaqus start with a * character and the comments with a **
> string.
> I don't know how to deal with this and I am not sure of the lexer_filetype
> to use...

Well certainly not C, keywords can't contain punctuation characters.

Scintilla, the editing component used by Geany, appears to have an
abaqus lexer, but it isn't included in the subset Geany provides by
default.

You will have to get the Lexer from the Scite/Scintilla project and
compile it in to Geany.  Instructions are in the hacking file.