[Geany] Problem to create a filetypes.abaqus.conf

Steven Marguet steven.marguet at xxxxx
Wed Jul 20 21:01:44 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I want to create a syntaxic coloration file for the input file language
of the finite element code Abaqus,
but I have some difficulties to achieve my goal.

The keywords of Abaqus start with a * character and the comments with a
** string.
I don't know how to deal with this and I am not sure of the
lexer_filetype to use...

I am using GNU/Linux Ubuntu 11.04 with Gnome and the folder of my
filetypes.*** is: /usr/share/geany

I have added the line
Abaqus=*.inp
to my file /usr/share/geany/filetype_extensions.conf

I have then created a file /usr/share/geany/filetypes.Abaqus.conf
(based on my filetypes.python file where the colors are inspired by IDLE
and my filetypes.c)
and gone to "Tools", "Update configuration" to make Geany be aware of my
changes.
After having closed and opened Geany again I was able to see the "Abaqus
file" in the personalized file types.
So I guess the configuration is OK.

But my coloration does not work well. I have attached my
filetypes.Abaqus.conf file to this email.
If I delete the * characters of the keywords, then it's OK but not with
the * (and the * is really important!)...
The comments don't work either and I don't understand why...

If someone has an idea, I would be glad to know :)!

Thanks for reading this long mail and for your help,

Steven