[Geany] Geany does not save state upon session shutdown

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Fri Jul 8 09:03:34 UTC 2011

On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 10:32:07 +0200
Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:

> Am 08.07.2011 10:08, schrieb Krzysztof Żelechowski:
> > I run Geany under openSUSE 11.4 + KDE 4.6.  If the desktop session
> > shut down while Geany was running and I open a new session, Geany
> > automatically comes back.  So far so good.  However, it comes back
> > in the state of the latest explicit quit (not caused by a session
> > shutdown) and not in the latest state.  This affects the set of
> > open documents and saved keyboard macros (Ctrl+1).
>
> Yes, this is correct. Inside sm-branch of subversion there is on
> approach to make this change. This topic was recently under discussion
> on devel mailing list. E.g. you could have a look onto
> http://lists.uvena.de/pipermail/geany-devel/2011-June/004899.html
> for more recent status of development here.

By the way, in that thread I haven't yet answered your last question
about what minor changes are made in sm.  I promised to do it last
weekend, but had completely no time…  Unfortunately, I will have to
delay it for another week or two.

Best regards,
Eugene.