[Geany] Geany does not save state upon session shutdown

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Fri Jul 8 08:32:07 UTC 2011

Am 08.07.2011 10:08, schrieb Krzysztof Żelechowski:
> I run Geany under openSUSE 11.4 + KDE 4.6.  If the desktop session shut down
> while Geany was running and I open a new session, Geany automatically comes
> back.  So far so good.  However, it comes back in the state of the latest
> explicit quit (not caused by a session shutdown) and not in the latest
> state.  This affects the set of open documents and saved keyboard macros
> (Ctrl+1).

Yes, this is correct. Inside sm-branch of subversion there is on
approach to make this change. This topic was recently under discussion
on devel mailing list. E.g. you could have a look onto
http://lists.uvena.de/pipermail/geany-devel/2011-June/004899.html
for more recent status of development here.

Cheers,
Frank