[Geany] relative paths in project files: is there an option?

Stephan Beal sgbeal at xxxxx
Fri Jul 1 17:18:38 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 7:07 PM, Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com>wrote:

> ...As you can see, your views are not universal.

No, they're not universal, but 99.99+% of source trees do not directly
reference files outside of the source tree. i've never personally seen even
one which does (and i've seen a boatload of source trees).

In any case - i've come to accept that Geany's project file is but a
convenience for remembering what i was editing, and not a real "project
file" (it doesn't know how to build my project - GNU make does that for me).
And given that scope, it's absolute-path behaviour doesn't bother me all
that much any more. But i do think the solution mentioned by Jiri and others
would be "the right thing to do."

Please don't ask me any
> specific questions, and there's also no need for suggestions about
> improving out practices.

i wouldn't think of it :).

--
----- stephan beal