[Geany] Per-workspace instance of Geany

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Tue Jan 25 18:58:27 UTC 2011

Hi,

On the single single instance, multi window: it has it's own problems.

For example, when you stop Geany, it'll have to save in geany.conf the
[positions and] desktops of all open windows, which is unportable. And
of course, under Windows, multi-window is limited to a single desktop
(see "SetThreadDesktop"), so multiply instances are desirable.

> Whereas multiple instances do not know about each other and chaos
> reigns, the single instance knows about its multiple windows, and so
> can save multiple sets of prefs/projects etc.

Except that we don't know which set of settings has "priority" and
applies to the newly open windows, so we're back to square one. NEdit
had global shared options and a smaller set of per-window options, but
that'll be hell to implement.

--
E-gards: Jimmy