[Geany] Per-workspace instance of Geany

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+tools at xxxxx
Mon Jan 24 00:32:38 UTC 2011

Lex Trotman wrote:

> On MS Windows?

Windows doesn't have workspace, or rather it does, but 99.999999%
of people don't use them. Even the vast majority of windows
developers don't use them.

Contrast that with Linux where well over 90% of people use them.
For developers, its very close to 100% that use workspaces.

> On KDE?

Yes, I've tested this. I reported the results of that testing
on the devel list.

> If Geany only had the number of programmer hours that Gedit does ...

I've tried getting patches in. The development list was at best,
slow to respond. Many of my patches were never responded to at
all. And while I was following the devel list, I was not the
only one being roundly ignored by the people with SVN commit
access.

You can't complain about lack of developer hours and then keep
development as an exclusive club for a small inner circle.

Erik