[Geany] various prefs editor [was: do not open oversize files - hidden pref]

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Tue Jan 11 18:07:38 UTC 2011

The last hidden/various settings:

show_symbol_list_expanders, use_gtk_word_boundaries - Both are safe to
change, affect the newly opened files and require restart for the
already open files.

6 prefs require restart.

Another 6 (including allow_always_save) currently require restart, but
that can be easily fixed by calling a function or two when updating the
preferences.

All prefs are safe to change, except for allow_always_save. I think
that enabling Save all on allow_always_save = true even if no files
are modified is a mistake. In such a case, Save all does nothing - in
particular, it does not save all files regardless of the modification
flag - so having it enabled makes no sense and can be misleading.

If you agree on that, I'll make the changes required for the six
prefs that can be applied without restarting, and include them in the
next version of the various prefs diff.

--
E-gards: Jimmy