[Geany] how to fold latex files?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Jan 10 13:04:03 UTC 2011

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 17:26:18 -0500
Nicolas Templier <templier.nicolas at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) Geany does not fold my *.tex files. I have tested it with several long
> files tha contain many potential folding points. But the "Fold all" command
> has no effect. Also it seems to be specific to *.tex files because it works
> properly for *.c files and probably other languages.
>
> 2) where are stored the folding rules for each filetype? I couldn't find the
> information on the manual nor in the hacking manual. I'd like to be able to
> have the list of all folding points that geany recognizes.

Folding is specific to each filetype, or at least each lexer. This is
part of Scintilla. If you want more folding you could try filing a
feature request at scintilla.org. You can also try using SciTE to see
if folding works better there in case there's a configuration issue,
but for Tex I think folding isn't implemented.

(Relevant source file is scintilla/LexOthers.cxx.)

Regards,
Nick