[Geany] do not open oversize files - file browser panel

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Jan 4 18:18:57 UTC 2011

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 18:54:33 +0100
Milan Babuskov <milan.babuskov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, I rarely use the system file browser. I meant Geany's
> intergrated file browser, as seen on this screenshot:

Ok, I misunderstood.

> Although, Geany users with smaller screens might object to this,
> because there isn't much space available in that window anyway. Maybe
> a messagebox is better idea.

I think the messagebox would be useful anyway as files can be opened in
various other ways.

The file browser panel could be changed to show the correct icon for
each file, that might help avoid your problem. There might be a
performance penalty, but that would be a better use of space than
adding file sizes IMO.

Regards,
Nick