[Geany] ANN: Newsletter repo available (was: Re: RFC: Setting up a monthly newsleter?)

Russell Dickenson russelldickenson at xxxxx
Mon Feb 7 02:42:42 UTC 2011

On 7 February 2011 12:13, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
> Hi friends of Geany,
>
> I've started to work on first version of newsletter. Right now I did it
> in LaTeX as it was the easiest from my point of view and to be honest I
> didn't thought about something else until I've already started. Dominic
> already mentioned to use ReST in future... We will see :)
>
> However, My plan is to finish the first volume during the next so we
> have some starting point.
>
> You can check the current status at http://git.geany.org/newsletter/
> and checkout using git with
> git clone http://git.geany.org/newsletter
>
> Also there will be a mailing list for commit messages available
> shortly.
>

> A huge thanks to Enrico for setting up the repository!
>
> Cheers,
> Frank

Frank (and Enrico),

Thanks for getting started on this. Since there hadn't been much
feedback since I volunteered to help I thought no-one was interested.

As I have said in another thread, I'd like to use reST but I'll try
and fit in as best I can. I already use git (although I am not an
expert by any means) so I'm happy to work with it.

I'll have a look at the work in progress and perhaps provide feedback here.

--
Russell