[Geany] Fwd: Tags from linux kernel 'make tags'

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Aug 15 21:55:00 UTC 2011

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 14:38:24 -0700, Matthew wrote:

>On 08/15/11 14:13, Enrico Tröger wrote:

>>> The 5MB file limit mostly.
>>
>> Hmm, I'm wondering about 5MB, the PHP post limit was at 8MB, I
>> increased it to 16MB for the wiki.
>>
>> Maybe the wiki limit uploads also but I couldn't find a setting.
>>
>> Matthew, could you try again and/or give more details if you have
>> (e.g. exact date/time to let me check the logs)?
>>

>It was minutes before I replied to Frank about the 5MB limit, because
>I had just tried to upload the file as he suggested.  So I guess just
>before  `Sun, 14 Aug 2011 13:20:25 -0700` (from the message in my
>inbox).

Thanks, I'll have a closer look tomorrow.

>In the popup window where you upload files, it came up in the HTML in
>a pink box saying about the 5MB limit.
>
>But really, I don't think it's a big deal.  5MB is pretty reasonable
>and having such massive tag files will waste your bandwidth and the
>Python script I wrote that compresses the tag files will take more
>time (and CPU cycles).

I don't mind much about bandwidth and traffic. Rather then piping the
data through Python...:). Anyway, I don't expect that file would be
downloaded 2 million times a day.

>I can try again later, but I'm right in the middle of a distro upgrade
>on my main box, so it might take a while.

No hurries.