[Geany] Fwd: Tags from linux kernel 'make tags'

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon Aug 15 21:38:24 UTC 2011

On 08/15/11 14:13, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 23:44:48 -0700, Matthew wrote:
>
>> On 08/14/11 23:14, Frank Lanitz wrote:

>>> Personally I don't see any big problem with it.
>>>

>> The 5MB file limit mostly.
>
> Hmm, I'm wondering about 5MB, the PHP post limit was at 8MB, I
> increased it to 16MB for the wiki.
>
> Maybe the wiki limit uploads also but I couldn't find a setting.
>
> Matthew, could you try again and/or give more details if you have
> (e.g. exact date/time to let me check the logs)?

It was minutes before I replied to Frank about the 5MB limit, because I
had just tried to upload the file as he suggested.  So I guess just
before  `Sun, 14 Aug 2011 13:20:25 -0700` (from the message in my inbox).

In the popup window where you upload files, it came up in the HTML in a
pink box saying about the 5MB limit.

But really, I don't think it's a big deal.  5MB is pretty reasonable and
having such massive tag files will waste your bandwidth and the Python
script I wrote that compresses the tag files will take more time (and
CPU cycles).

I can try again later, but I'm right in the middle of a distro upgrade
on my main box, so it might take a while.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush