[Geany] Use of IRC

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Aug 10 04:35:54 UTC 2011

Hi to all the denizens of the #geany IRC.

I have been reviewing the IRC logs and feel that I have to make the
following note about the way some people are using IRC.

Remember that IRC only allows those who happen to be there at the time
to contribute to a discussion or answer a question.  With the ML
people can contribute at their convenience (and timezone) providing a
wider potential input.

This means that no design decisions should be made on IRC and design
discussions should be copied to the ML to ensure as wide as possible
input.

I know some people do that, and this is just a gentle reminder to the others.

Same goes for user questions that are not answered at the time, advise
the user to re-post on the ML, don't just leave them without an
answer.