[Geany] Expose yellow wavy line in GeanyIndicators

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Aug 6 00:23:01 UTC 2011

2011/8/6 Filip Gruszczyński <gruszczy at gmail.com>:
>> Yes, the errors are not detected by the lexers, but by Geany from the
>> build commands ie the container, hence I think it should be 9.
>
> I'll fix this.
>
>> Ok, just a gentle note, you should never submit patches you havn't tested.
>
> I understand. It's just my laziness..
>
> Anyway, I removed geany shipped from Fedora and installed geany from
> svn with patch. When I try to compile now my plugin to see if I can
> access those yellow indicators, I get information that pkg-config
> can't find geany.pc. When I installed geany using yum I had to install
> geany-devel package. What do I have to install also when I build geany
> from source to have this geany.pc?

When you get the source from SVN you have all the development stuff so
you don't need anything else.

If you did the usual configure; make; sudo make install it should have
installed the geany.pc file for you, were there any errors in the
process?

I just re-ran make install, the very last thing in install is to put
geany.pc in $prefix/lib/pkgconfig so if you had any errors it might
have missed it.

>> Ok, I guess all you can do is submit a feature request since this
>> change needs C coding.
>
> Do you wish me to do it? It's not really a feature I need, so I would
> rather get some more Python support :-P

Do the things you want to do :-) not trying to force you to do stuff
you don't want or need.