[Geany] Regex replace weirdness

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Sep 29 06:20:33 UTC 2010

On 29 September 2010 15:05, Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+tools at mega-nerd.com> wrote:
> Lex Trotman wrote:
>
>> Perhaps, as you say, it should offer a substitute command that works
>> line by line as well, but "someone has to do it" (tm) and "patches are
>> welcome" (tm) (that right Frank ;-).
>
> Thats a better answer than your previous one :-).

Oh, there is rarely any objection to contributions, that goes without saying.

I was noting that the current behavior is not a bug (since it behaves
as specified) so it doesn't have to be fixed. nor is a change in
behavior necessary (since there is a workaround to the rare "problem")
so it doesn't have to be fixed.  With limited resources there are far
more important things to think about.

I personally don't care if someone changes it (although I think that
going back to line by line operation is a step back into the time when
whole files would not fit in memory, ah hey lets bring back Teco ;-).