[Geany] greanygdb can't find ttyhelper on FreeBSD

Chow Loong Jin hyperair at xxxxx
Sat Sep 25 11:22:16 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 22,September,2010 02:03 AM, Aldis Berjoza wrote:
> Hello!
> I'm maintainer of geany-plugins FreeBSD port.
> Today I tried to update port from v0.18 to v0.19, and everything was fine
> but one thing:
> geanygdb can't find ttyhelper.
>
> I install plugins manually with FreeBSD makefile, and I tried to Install
> ttyhelper to many directories, where it could work (The way I see it, is
> that it should be in same dir as geanygdb plugin)
>
> In FreeBSD we install 3rd party software to /usr/local so geany plugins
> goes to /usr/local/lib/geany.
>
> I tried to install ttyhelper to /usr/local/lib/geany/
> /usr/local/lib/geany-plugins/ /usr/local/libexec/geany/
> /usr/local/libexec/geany-plugins/ I even tried to install it to
> /usr/local/bin/ it just doesn't work....

The relevant parts of the geanygdb Makefile.am is:-
geanygdbdir = $(libexecdir)/geany-plugins/geanygdb
geanygdb_PROGRAMS = ttyhelper

Therefore, ttyhelper should be installed to
$(libexecdir)/geany-plugins/geanygdb, whatever libexecdir is set to. I believe
the default libexecdir, if not specified via --libexecdir to the configure
script is $(prefix)/libexec.

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin