[Geany] Find Selected - Re: Another request from a new user

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Sep 23 12:30:52 UTC 2010

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 12:57:28 -0400
Vineet Jain <vinjvinj at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Why this doesn't work as you want is because the Find Selected
> > functions use the current word if there is no selection.
>
> Is there any way to change the behavior? Having to switch keys from
> find selected to find next is painful, when you should be able to just
> use one key.

I think you only have to switch once, then keep using the Find Next
binding. After a while it becomes automatic.

Anyway, I added a hidden pref to customize the behaviour partly because
Find Selection also uses the X selection outside Geany, and I think
this is confusing behaviour by default if the user expects it to use
the current word.

So to just repeat the last word, update Geany and add this to your
geany.conf under [geany]:
find_selection_type=2

Regards,
Nick