[Geany] save documents automatically before compiling

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Wed Sep 22 11:27:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 00:33, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 September 2010 00:57, Nick Treleaven
> <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 08:01:07 +1000

>>> Configurable per build command because some users don't want it for
>>> things like a single compile but do want it for make commands.
>>
>> I thought we agreed just a global pref. I think per command is too
>> complicated. Perhaps a per-project pref is OK too.
>
> Ummm, no the last I remember was that some wanted make type commands
> to save all (since they use all) but not simple compiles, (IIRC??) so
> I started to do it per command, but I'm happy with just global, so
> long as I can get my .h saved as well as the .c :-)

I believe this was the discussion:

http://lists.uvena.de/geany-devel/2010-June/002735.html

Having to change this option for every filetype if you want to save
all files would be a real pain to do. I think there are basically two
kinds of people - those who want to save all their files and those who
don't. So per-project settings is not necessary either IMO because if
you like this feature, you want to use it everywhere and vice versa.

Cheers,

Jiri