[Geany] HTML5 attributes

Ross McKay rosko at xxxxx
Wed Oct 27 01:55:55 UTC 2010

Nick Treleaven wrote:

>[...]
>BTW I'm not convinced HTML 4 and 5 are so different to warrant
>different support. Hopefully a single lexer can handle both reasonably
>well. It may be possible to make a custom filetype based on the
>HTML filetype to separate v4 and v5; not sure if it's worth it.

I reckon you're right. I'll investigate. (The only advantage I see in
having support for HTML4 vs HTML5 vs XHTML is removing the tags specific
to the "other" "standards" so that they show up in red in the code;
however, a decent validator will tell the developer this anyway, and
more, so perhaps not worth the bother so much)
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"The lawn could stand another mowing; funny, I don't even care"