[Geany] HTML5 attributes

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Oct 26 14:47:33 UTC 2010

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 10:16:18 +1100
Ross McKay <rosko at zeta.org.au> wrote:

> You can add your data-* attributes to your local customisation of
> filetypes.xml in ~/.config/geany/filedefs if you want to make that red
> go away.
>
> What would be nice in Geany is some way to customise the filedefs in an
> additive way, rather than having to respecify the whole keyword line
> just to add a few new attributes.

I agree this would be useful, so any updated system settings are not
lost by an overridden user setting. E.g. for filetype extensions.

> Or perhaps, this new HTML5/XHTML aware
> plugin we spoke about in the previous HTML5 thread could handle data-*
> and aria-* especially.

As Lex said, '*' matching could be implemented in the Scintilla lexer.

BTW I'm not convinced HTML 4 and 5 are so different to warrant
different support. Hopefully a single lexer can handle both reasonably
well. It may be possible to make a custom filetype based on the
HTML filetype to separate v4 and v5; not sure if it's worth it.

Nick