[Geany] HTML5 attributes

Jason Oster jason.oster at xxxxx
Mon Oct 25 19:44:27 UTC 2010

On 10/25/2010 10:31 AM, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 09:09:22 -0700
> Jason Oster<jason.oster at campnavajo.com>  wrote:
>
>> Don't forget data-* (the attribute for providing user-specified data to
>> a DOM node.  It can be named anything, hence the *)  This has been a bit
>> of a thorn in my side, since Geany thinks all of my data-* tags are
>> invalid; they get highlighted red.
>
> Is this the only stable missing attribute?
>
> Nick

As far as I know, but I haven't read the entire spec, nor compared
against what Geany currently supports in SVN!  It appears the major
players are there, with Ross's suggestions.  e.g. attributes most likely
to be used by web developers.

FYI, here is the specification for the data-* attribute.  This is the
current working draft for the HTML5 spec:

http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#embedding-custom-non-visible-data-with-the-data-attributes