[Geany] Compiling Multiple Files

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Oct 22 23:38:02 UTC 2010

On 23 October 2010 05:43, Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:
> Le 22/10/2010 20:36, MATT GRINNAN a écrit :
>> Is there a way to compile multiple files in geany? I work with a lot of
>> c and c++ programs so I hope there is a way to compile both with
>> multiple files.
> AFAIK, Geany can't compile multiple files by itself, but anyway I don't
> think the current Geany's integrated build commands are really meant to
> build large programs.
>
> But Geany can launch any command you want when you ask for build. So if
> you use a simple Makefile, the Autotools, CMake, Waf, Scons or whatever,
> you can simply choose the right command to launch. For make-based builds
> (Autotools, CMake in most cases, ...) you simply need to use the Make
> action (F9 by default IIRC), Build->Make.

Columban is correct.  Geany just runs the single command you
configure, it does not dictate to you how you should build your
software.  It is up to that command to compile whatever you want.  For
possible programs which provide this capability and lots more besides
see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_build_automation_software

So as to be backward the default configuration is set up for "make".
Sorry that should be backward compatible :-).