[Geany] Can Geany perform auto-completion with imported modules ?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Oct 6 23:39:12 UTC 2010

On 7 October 2010 09:38, Steven Marguet <steven.marguet at free.fr> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am a new Geany's user and I wonder if Geany can do auto-completion with a
> module imported using a namespace.
> Such a functionnality could realy help me to learn the attributes and
> methods offered by the imported module...
>
> For example, if I do (in Python) :
>
> | import math as m
> | m.s
>
> is it possible for Geany to show me that there is a "sin(x)" method and many
> other things starting with an "s" ?
>
> Thanks for your answer :) !

If you have a tags file for math you can load it, but Geany doesn't do
it automatically based on imported files.  You can see the tags in the
sidebar.

Also scope specific name completion currently only works for C type
languages so m.s won't limit completion to the math module.