[Geany] Serious bug

Jerry DeLisle jvdelisle at xxxxx
Wed Nov 10 16:48:24 UTC 2010

On 11/10/2010 04:56 AM, Milan Babuskov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just ran into a rather serious Geany bug that can cause file loss.
>
> Incidentally I had the hard disk partition full (on Linux) and Geany
> was happily reporting that file saving is successful. I had about 20
> open files, worth about 2 hours of work. When I was done I saved all
> the files and closed Geany. Seconds later, I realized that all my
> files have size of zero bytes. Not only that I lost the recent
> changes, but complete files. This happen just prior to the commit to
> Git repository I planned. Obviously, I have nothing to commit. :(

Maybe related.  I have been seeing geany self exit.  I am trying to nail down
what I am doing to cause it.  Generally I will have a separate gnome-terminal
session going.  Some times I will touch open files so to force re-compilation
(gcc/gfortran development so I am building gcc all the time) Somewhere in this
process geany just exits. Running on x86-64-Linux Fedora 13, latest updates

Jerry