[Geany] Windows Installer permissions (was: Re: Context menu item missing in windows explorer)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun May 23 11:44:42 UTC 2010

On Sat, 15 May 2010 01:08:05 -0500, Oliver wrote:

> I managed to install Vista in a virtual machine (touch and go, didn't
> think it would work for a minute or 5).  Anyway, if I don't choose
> run as administrator, it will install it to C:\Users.
>
> This is most likely related to "RequestExecutionLevel user" be
> changing and testing it for you guys, when I get a chance.

I just had a quick look at this again and found some documentation for
it:

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Docs/Chapter4.html#4.8.1.32

I think "user" is actually correct in theory but most users probably
want to install it globally with admin rights anyway. So maybe,
"highest" is more suitable for us.

What do you think?