[Geany] Windows Installer permissions

Oliver Krystal mr.soup12 at xxxxx
Mon May 24 03:08:18 UTC 2010

Highest seems to be good to me.  If a user is admin (which most users
are by default on windows [silly indeed 8-) but anyway]) then they
should install to Program Files\ and if not, they will install to C:\
users.  I think that people smart enough to run with a user level
account and who wish to have it in program files will know to run as an
admin.  Those with user accounts will still be able to install, and
those with admin accounts (as a large portion of windows users are) will
install to Program Files.

I took the time to check that if I compiled it as highest, it would work
as expected.  When I got it to compile, I ran without using "run as
admin".  Windows 7 UAC prompted me to continue.  When I did, it ran as
expected and wanted to install to the proper "Program Files" directory.
I don't have a "user" account on this machine and am without a virtual
machine (for right now, my lan file server should be coming online in a
few days and i can check then) so if anyone with access to a vm can
check, I'd appreciate it.

On vista, as expected using a admin account prompted to install to
program files.  Using a user account, it prompted to install to
C:\users\bob (yup, that's what I used).