[Geany] Mac OSx Snow Leopard experience, 100% CPU load whenever build has been started !

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed May 19 21:44:13 UTC 2010

2010/5/20 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>

> On Tue, 18 May 2010 21:40:03 +0200, Andrei wrote:

> > >  Geany 0.18.1
> > > 1) Mac OSx port GTK2 2.18.2
> > > 2) native gtk-osx GTK2 don't know exact version they are supporting
> > > (have to see my home PC to give you more information)
> >
> > I little bit more about gtk-osx version: geany 0.18.1 (built on May
> > 18 2010 with GTK 2.18.2, GLib 2.22.2)
> > Geany and gtk-osx has been compiled as i386 applications since 64bits
> > version of gtk-osx is no stable yet.
> >
> > PS: frankly speaking I think it is not GTK related bug, since I have
>
> It doesn't need to be a GTK/GLib bug but maybe we just use it wrong or
> it behaves differently on MacOSX or MacOSX behaves differently than
> Linux/Unix. I can't say what's wrong and I don't have access to a
> MacOSX system :(.
>

> Regards,
> Enrico

Couple of thoughts, do we know those exact versions of GTK/Glib work on
Linux?  That would reduce the risk of it being a GTK/Glib bug.

Can OSX use the dozewin method of synchronous builds instead, ie how much
Win specific stuff is in that path?  That removes the possibility of an
unconstrained loop in the monitor code, the most likely place IMHO.