[Geany] Context menu item missing in windows explorer

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Fri May 14 20:04:00 UTC 2010

On Wed, 12 May 2010 20:55:52 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 10 May 2010 19:39:25 -0500, Oliver wrote:
>
> Hey,
>
> > I just thought of something else.  I've been told that Windows 7 is
> > constricting the ability of programs to write to files contained in
> > C:\"Program Files".  I think though it might be time to move it to
> > the
>
> Yeah, there changed something.
> It might be related to the line 30 of the installer script:
>
> RequestExecutionLevel user
>
> This was suggested by a user so the installer can be ran without Admin
> privileges IIRC. Maybe this is part of the problems, not sure though.
> I'm not experienced with these new Windows security features.

Do you have any experience whether this maybe can be trig geed by
install dialog? I did see it on a couple of tools where you can decide
between 'root' and local user. But no idea how this sis working, to be
honest ;)

Cheers,
Frank
--