[Geany] two ideas: filebrowser and scribble

startx startx at xxxxx
Fri May 14 09:47:22 UTC 2010

On Fri, 14 May 2010 18:16:54 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14 May 2010 16:41, startx <startx at plentyfact.org> wrote:
>
> > hello.
> >
> > i "discovered" geany only a few month ago and i really love it.
> >
> > 1) however,  was wondering about the filebrowser:
> >
> > would it be hard to extend the filebrowser functionality with
> > standard operations like "delete, copy, cut, paste, rename" of
> > files? is this planned for the near future?
> >
> > despite my long "love and hate" relationship with eclipse, i always
> > liked the fact that i did not have to leave the IDE to do such
> > operations there.
> >

> I don't agree. This doesn't seem to me to be IDE specific
> functionality and I think adding it would be contrary to the light
> weight nature of Geany.

well, i am not sure here. i would consider renaming or deleting files
part of my project workflow.

i would not say that a filebrowser would make geany very "heavy",
gedit has such a filebrowser in the sidepane (looks almost like the
geany one). i am not a gtk expert but i assume its some kind of gtk
standard widget, no?

startx