[Geany] geany saves files as 0 byte when connection is via sftp

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun May 2 21:43:15 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2 May 2010 16:27:20 +1000, Lex wrote:

>On 2 May 2010 03:20, thief shadow <mythief at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> is it possible because of openssl 1.0 or nautilus ... gedit is ok
>> but i cant use geany to edit files over sftp.
>>
>> Linux archlinux 2.6.33-ARC
>> OpenSSL 1.0.0 29 Mar 2010
>>
>> I have same distro on my desktop pc with openssl 0.9.8 and
>> everything is ok.

I experienced the same problem but it is not Geany's fault directly.
Something changed in recent GVfs versions I guess. The gvfs-fuse
backend doesn't work correctly anymore though I'm not sure what's
wrong, I didn't investigated it yet as I preferred sshfs recently.
Maybe it's also openssl 1.0 but I think gvfs-fuse is more likely to be
the cause. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the problem is outside of Geany. To
verify, you could try to reproduce the problem with the good old
command line 'cp'.

>by Geany.  This has been discussed a lot but I'm not sure that anyone
>is working on making the fix available for those systems where a new
>enough glib/gio is available.

I think more and more we should switch to GIO completely but this is